The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the world and how we run our lives, business and economy. So what do we think of how the coronavirus pandemic will affect future business trends? (Also Read: Post Pandemic World Explained by my MBA Prof)
Here are some of our opinion points on how COVID-19 will affect future business trends:
Increase in Value of the Creative Industry
There’s a lot of consumption of creative content (music, TV, video porn) during the quarantine lockdown. There is huge demand in the industry nowadays, and with the rate of churn there will be massive pressure to produce new content to replenish used creative content…
Interior Design and Home Improvement
All of a sudden everyone knows what their colleague’s houses look like! There will be less reliance for shared spaces and be more self-reliant in many things, from gym, work, food, even food production (gardening or aquaponics), and it can even challenge the shared economy as a whole.
Less Reliance in Global Supply Chains
There will be production hubs per region and accelerate homegrown or bringing production closer to home. (Read more on other Lessons I learned in Business School)
End of Budget Airlines?
Budget airlines will have to rethink their business model. how COVID-19 will affect future business trends in travel? Particularly, how the common man travels? Warren Buffett has sold all their position in the airline industry (BBC), it doesn’t seem that he is optimistic in the industry, as well.
Just as Zoom has made its CEO a billionaire because of COVID, remote medicine will also be the new norm. Telemedicine, remote medical consultation, as well as OTC doctors and checkup kiosks to check your BP, temperature, small machines. Wearable diagnostics and detectors.
While Grabcar is down, Grabfood is soaring. Restaurants are down but caterers and food delivery services are thriving as we changed our dining habits from eating out to dining in. Products that are sold online and have access to transportation providers will survive. E-commerce is here to stay and will keep on growing.
Fintech developments and market penetration will accelerate because cash can carry germs and viruses. We are moving into a cashless or even check-less society, accelerated by the pandemic. This is how covid-19 will affect future business trends.
VR / AR Educational Gaming
Educational Game Development in VR and AR. As remote learning is becoming a norm, this will accelerate especially in its educational applications. Game developers should team up with universities to create gamified courses. The problem of online education so far is the zero to minimal social engagement and students lose interest quickly and drop out.
Game developers understand how to get people addicted to games. Games incorporate competition, level-ups, rewards, teamwork and collaboration. VR and AR are in its infancy in terms of educational applications. With VR you can travel back in time and see what it was like in Ancient Athens.
Listen to the Podcast or go to the Show Notes
More on COVID
Latest Blog Posts
- IMG Members Get Access to COVID-19 Vaccine COVOVAXDo you know that as a member of IMG, one of your membership privileges is to access to two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine COVOVAX.
- Long Term Care – How it Works and Why it’s ImportantOne of the financial products that I own and I’m proud to share with you is my Long-Term Care plan from Kaiser International. – Guest Blog Post by Bill Asignar
- How to Waive Philippines Credit Card Annual FeesSavvy tips on How to Avoid Paying Gcash-to-Bank Convenience Fees. Here are some hacks you can do to bypass or circumvent these fees.
- The King of Pop and I by Aileen Medalla, the Filipino Homeschool Teacher of Michael Jacksons KidsThe King of Pop and I by Aileen Medalla, the Filipino homeschool teacher of Prince, Paris, Blanket and her travels with the Jacksons
- 6 Ways to Sustain Your Business in the Middle of a PandemicAlthough COVID-19 is a health issue, it has affected the world’s economy. Here’s some ways to sustain your business in the midst of a pandemic.
- Gift Ideas With Little To No CostBefore you go shopping, consider these ideas to gift this pragmatic Christmas season – Guest Blog Post by Bill Asignar
- Tips on How to Host a Successful Virtual PartySmart tips on how to successfully organize and host a virtual party!
- Globe Media Excellence Awards GMEA 2020 NomineesGlobe Media Excellence Awards 2020 has just announced its list of GME 2020 nominees out of 400 entries from Vis-Min
- Eat to Live for a Fuller Life with Lalie Favia“My life revolved around food.” Mrs. Lalie Favia, coming from a family of chefs, shared.
- How to Live with Diabetes and Take ControlSad truth is, thousands are dying on what could’ve been a preventable and manageable disease.